This game is fantastic.
Congratulations and thank you so much for making it.
I see there's a Vita version - I'll see what it takes to play it.
KING OF MACHINES
A downloadable game for Windows
King of Machines is a mecha-themed side-scrolling beat 'em up, in a world where powered exo-suits are commonplace, and also the weapon of choice in a violent uprising.
Inspired by classic beat 'em ups like TMNT and Armored Warriors, as well as modern character action games.
- Agile movement controls, a bit like Turtles in Time
- Combo system with sweeps, uppercuts, and shotgun-kata
- Grabbing & throwing, also a bit like Turtles in Time
- Unlockable special weapons
- Unique bosses
- Training mode (with punching bag - use this to figure out all the possible combo attacks!)
- Arrange mode
- Cutscenes with anime references and gratuitous Engrish
For Xbox Controllers:
- Move: D-Pad
- Shoot: X
- Melee: B
- Jump: A
- Special Weapons: L/R
- BREAK Charge: Right Trigger
- Pause: Start
Updated Combo List:
- Launch: UP + MELEE
- Dash: LEFT/RIGHT + JUMP
- Guns Akimbo: LEFT + RIGHT + SHOOT
- Giga Drill: MELEE, MELEE, FORWARD + MELEE
- Uppercut: MELEE, MELEE, UP + MELEE
- Sweep: MELEE, MELEE, DOWN + MELEE
- Shotgun: MELEE MELEE, BACK + MELEE
- Dive Kick: JUMP, MELEE
- Giga Drill (Midair): JUMP, DOWN + MELEE
- Shotgun (Midair): JUMP, SHOOT
- Shoulder Gun: SHOOT (with full BREAK meter)
(All non-midair combos can be cancelled into Special Weapon attacks)
Vita version here!
- Download .ZIP
- Extract all
- Run .EXE
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This game is fantastic.
Amazing game, a must play for all the beat em up fans. Also a very unique game in the genre, with a lot of hidden moves and mechanics.
Loved every minute of it
I loved this game so much I am porting this game to the Playstation Vita, I really hope you don't mind.
I love this game wish I can enjoy it more :D
That aside the graphics and animations are so well done. really enjoyed the drill and grab attacks, feel so satisfying, and the music just keeps your blood pumping, great job!
Looks fun, gonna try it out on stream. Is there's a fullscreen option? Alt+Enter doesn't work.
Just maximize the window, might be your best option. I find gamemaker's fullscreen a bit unreliable so I mostly avoid it tbh
Hiii, I've made a video about the game and wanted to share some feedback, hopefully it's useful to you :D-The main concept is very good :D
-Visually the game looks awesome and I can see it perfectly in a arcade machine.
-The gameplay mechanics are very well done and feel pretty solid. Also it is quite awesome how well they work as even a new player in a minute or two can easily get into them and make very awesome things :D
Hopefully this is useful to you :D, also if you could subscribe that would help me a lot :)
Great game! Last boss really challenging, but that's where the fun begin!
Impressive game. Really 16-bit era vibe. Congrats!!
Thanks for taking the time to play :) I found it really interesting that your play style is different to mine (I often cheese the jump-based combos and ignore my gun) and it's great that I accidentally managed to allow player expression!
Always a fan of your work man :). This is loads of fun