I have been playing a while, so excited, I can't pass the heaven yet, but I'm close to, wonderful game
A downloadable game for Windows
Breakout but you (can) fight God
This is a strange mix of brick-breaking, loose Christian mythology, and roguelike-ish elements. As an angel cast out of heaven, bounce against things to win as you fall all the way to hell.
- Collect Gems to be able to use 5 to halt your fallen angel, then send them soaring upwards. Great for ensuring you collide with something that would otherwise be a tricky angle to make.
- Collect Cards to choose from randomised modifiers after most non-boss stages.
- Collect Grace from destroyed loyal angels to ???
Non-boss stages are hand-crafted but arranged by the magic of random numbers. Falling off the bottom of the screen leads further down on a non-boss stage, but is a fail condition in a boss battle (hence the lake of fire) but you get 1 free save (2 with the right modifier) in boss fights, as well as the upward soaring attack being auto-triggered as long as you have the gems for it.
Find all 3 endings?
- Action: Z (Keyboard), A (Xbox controller) - used for confirming menu sort of things, and for using an upward launch attack for 5 gems in gameplay
- Move L/R: Arrow Keys (Keyboard), D-Pad (Xbox controller) - used for selecting Heaven/Hell modifiers, and for moving the paddle in gameplay
Music attributions included in a .txt file.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I haven't even played it yet but the style has me excited to play it. I watched the trailer that was on Indie Game + which lead me here. Will rate the game once I have played it. So excited. :
I wanted to let you know that we published a review of this game on 8 Bit Horse. Here is a link to the coverage: http://8bithorse.blogspot.com/2021/06/fallingstar.html
Made a video
Thanks for trying it out :)
perfect aesthetic for the concept.
Hiii, I've made a video about the game and wanted to share some feedback about it, hopefully it is useful to you ^^
-The concept is interesting.
-The gameplay mechanics are quite interesting and well thought.
-The idea of having different endings is quite good.
-The visual style is very awesome and really fits the theme of the game.
Hopefully this is useful to you :D, also if you could subscribe that would help me a lot :)
Love the visuals. Ending 3/3
Very nice game with a cool concept! It is featured in my video at my Top 5 for this week!
Thats a cool twist on these type of games. I really like the modifier choices!
Awesome game. I love the gameplay.
Amazing! Excited to try this