A downloadable game for Windows
In an alternate universe, brutal game shows indeed became the next big thing in the futuristic year of 1999. Do you like games like Windjammers and Smash TV? Great!
DEMOLITION DOME is basically 1-v-1 volleyball. Except if the ball smacks you on the back of the head too much, you die. And tanks can shoot at you. And the field has human-sized pinball machine parts.
Human competitors can strike, throw, and kick balls - these moves have sort of a rock-paper-scissors system:
- Strike is reliable but the hardest to aim, you can Strike a Kicked ball pretty easily
- Throw is accurate, but the timing can be unforgiving. Throwing launches the ball straight forwards from you, but is slower than a Strike or Kick
- Kick gives the ball the most speed, and is a good counter to a Throw, but while you slide along the floor you don't have your normal range of movement - and you could end up getting hit by a fast rebound
- [Z] Menu confirm/strike ball
- [X] Throw ball
- [Z + X] Slide kick
- [ESC] Pause
- [ARROW KEYS Menu scroll/move
- [A] Menu confirm/strike ball
- [B] Throw ball
- [A + B] Slide kick
- [START] Pause
- [D-PAD] Menu scroll/move
- Download .zip
- Extract all
- Run .exe
- Update: Zone 2Jul 08, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hiii, I've made a video about the game and wanted to share some feedback about it, hopefully it is useful to you ^^-The idea of the game is really original.
-The gameplay mechanics are interesting and fun, but they are pretty unclear with the info the game itself gives to the player.
-Visually the game looks pretty well and has a lot of personality.
In conclusion, the idea is great and I hope you keep working on it. Hopefully this is useful for the development :D, also if you could subscribe that would help me a lot :)
Super fun game! I love the idea and it’s executed pretty well! It’s a good mix of a volleyball game and pinball. It plays pretty well and I love the crispy effects! Great work!
Thanks for trying it out :) So I forgot to mention it anywhere, but getting $1000 gives you +1 Life and resets your cash to zero if you have fewer than 5 Lives - so there's a risk/reward thing if you are close to getting a Life but also want to upgrade that throw speed or whatever.
A simple solution to this would be offering +1 life as an upgrade that can be redeemed multiple times for $1000. :)
Loved the design, reminds me of Strikey Sisters mixed with the vibe of Smash TV/Guts.