Do plan to release the game for mac also
A downloadable game for Windows
ALMACE is pretty much a 16-bit-ish demake of Armored Core 4, I wanted to see if I could capture the breakneck pace of the AC4 PvP matches and Arena fights, as well as find interesting code solutions to managing a number of swappable parts for both Player and AI mechs.
Xbox Controller is recommended for best "game feel" (in my opinion).
- High-speed combat in a "retro" pseudo-3D fashion
- Arena mode with levels of AI opponent difficulty & trash-talking enemy pilots
- Plug in Controller #2 and hit Start, BOOM, Player 2 is now controlling the enemy mech (disclaimer: not tested, I only own 1 xbox controller)
- Your Team affiliation right at the start affects your mech's stats, as well as what parts you start with
- Unlock parts in Arena mode, and customize your mech however you want
- Use Tuning to manually balance various aspects of your mech's performance
- I finally learned how to code analogue stick input!
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio, Adobe Photoshop|
|Tags||Character Customization, Demake, GameMaker, gamepad, Mechs, Pixel Art, Post-apocalyptic, Retro, Robots, Sci-fi|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller|
Download .ZIP, extract all files, run .EXE.